Buying a new construction home is a great option if you know what you want and where you want to live. You also want to make sure you plan on staying in this new home for at least a few years.
Why? It is difficult to re-sell a new home in a new subdivision, especially if the builders are still making new homes nearby. The reason is that you haven’t had enough time to build much equity in the home. So you wouldn’t be able to reduce the price of the home enough to persuade a buyer looking to purchase your home to choose yours versus another brand new home nearby that has never been lived in. For another buyer, it would cost them about the same to buy another brand new home.
If you do plan to stay, there are so many good reasons to buy a new construction home.
- You can choose from different models. Want a one-story home or a two-story? Want two master bedrooms? Want a media room downstairs? You can choose from a variety of different models.
- You can customize many of the areas and features of the home. You can choose the style of kitchen cabinets or countertops you would like. You can choose from a variety of flooring options, such as wood floors or tile.
- You can choose between having a one-car garage or a two-car garage, or even having no garage at all.
- You can choose from a variety of different price ranges to make sure you stay within your desired budget.
- There are many different home builders that offer different options and incentives for buying. Some offer discounted pre-construction prices or bonus dollars. Others offer the closing costs so you can go in with no-money-down.
I recently worked with four different buyers that all received $10,000 in closing costs when they bought new construction homes.
Does this sound like a great option for you? I work with many of the home builders in the Frisco, Little Elm, Prosper, all of North Dallas area of Texas. If you are interested in buying a home, you must spend an afternoon with me and let’s look at all the New Construction homes. The price of new construction will surprise you, how low the prices are. Let me set some tours of the different new home construction options, schedule an appointment today!