Buy a Pre-Owned Home
This is by far the most popular way to buy a home. Most home buyers buy a pre-owned home from a seller that has listed their home on the MLS.
They choose a pre-owned home for a variety of reasons:
- Buying a pre-owned home is less expensive than buying a new construction home.
- Many buyers take advantage of the upgrades already made by the previous homeowners. For example, don’t want to go through the hassle of creating an incredible outdoor living area with pool and all? Many buyers find a home that already has that done.
- There are less new construction homes, so this does limit the areas that buyers can move into. There many not even be new construction in a particular part of town that buyers are interested in.
- Many buyers with kids make school assignments a priority. They want to ensure the assigned school in a particular neighborhood is where they would like their kids to attend.
- For some buyers, being close to family is important. They may be taking care of older parents, or simply depend on family members to help with their children.
These are some of the reasons home buyers choose pre-owned homes, but there are many more. It all depends on what they need, and where they want to be. For example, need a larger home because you receive a lot of guests and need more bedrooms? Buying pre-owned may be able to get your more house for your buck.
Worried that a pre-owned home won’t be move in ready? There are options to help with this too. Through negotiations, it is possible to get the seller to pay for certain upgrades, say flooring installation. There is also the option to get the cost of certain upgrades paid to you at closing. It is even possible to ask for a reduced price on the home to allow you some room to re-model.
You have a lot of options, and we can walk through those options together so you make the best choice. We will help you take advantage of any situation so you end up in your dream home.
What type of home would be perfect for you? Where do you want to live, in a larger metro area like downtown Dallas, or are you looking in an area like Prosper or Frisco?
We have been helping buyers in the Dallas, Texas Area for over 30 years and we would love to help you get started on your home buying journey.