Selling FSBO – For Sale By Owner
One way to sell your home is to sell the property yourself. This is commonly referred to as “For Sale By Owner” or FSBO. When you take this route,your home is not listed on the MLS.
One misconception is that there will be no agent fees associated to FSBO. Often times, sellers end up paying a realtor a flat fee to help with all of the paper work. This is not an easy task to do on your own, especially if you have never prepared this documentation before.
Most FSBO sellers will negotiate a commission fee to encourage the agents to bring an interested buyer to the table.
Where does your responsibility come in?
- You will most likely have to take your own pictures of your property.
- You will need to find your own ways to to market the sale of your property.
- You will most likely only have interest to your own social media sites.
- You will need to prepare a Seller’s Disclosure.
Selling the home yourself is a good option if:
- Your home needs substantial repairs and upgrades, and you do not want to pour any money into the property.
- You need to sell the property quickly. Below market homes will sell quickly to an investor. We all have heard of “We Buy Ugly Houses”. A call to them can mean your house sells in just a few days.
- You are open to selling the home well below market value.
If you want to maximize your profit on your home sale, and you want to sell it quickly, this is probably not the right option for you. It will take an experienced agent, their team and all of the resources included to help you sell to a good qualified buyer, quickly, while making a profit.
If you are still not sure whether you should sell your home yourself or work with an agent, give us a call. We can help answer your questions so that you feel confident you are making the right choice.