Selling Your Home with Limited Services from a Real Estate Agent
You want to work with a real estate agent, but don’t want to pay the full commission. Hiring an agent with limited service is a good option. We also refer to this as “Reduced Commission”. What does this mean? It means you will only have access to some of the benefits of working with an agent.
The benefits include:
- Having your property listed on the MLS.
- Having some access to the agent’s network, including some advertising and access to other buyer’s.
- You pay less in commission fees.
This is a good option if your home is in great condition, in a great neighborhood and priced to sell. In this scenario, your home will probably be easy to sell quickly.
There are some disadvantages:
- You will have to take on more of the responsibility for the sale of your home. For example, you may have to take your own pictures. If you aren’t sure of the best set up or angles for your photos, your home may not make the best first impression.
- You won’t have complete access to all of the advertising that an agent does through different websites, social media and e-mails sent to their database.
- When using a real estate agent and their full service, you also have access to their team to help back up the marketing and negotiating power available.
- This could mean your home sits on the market for a long time.
Not sure if this might be the right option? Have more questions? Schedule an appointment today and we can walk you through the pro’s and con’s of limited service, and answer any questions you may have.