All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treating all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate.
One of the major trends in real estate currently is people attempting to sell their homes via the process known as FSBO. Usually, this is because of the idea that they will save thousands of dollars in commissions. Unfortunately, this is really not the case. What is left out of these advertisements for FSBO is the fact that those thousands of saved commission dollars are usually used up and exceeded by completing the tasks that are seen to by a REALTOR® is a professional home seller. ask yourself this: if you needed to have a cavity filled would you go see an electrician? No? Then why would you allow a non-professional to sell your most valuable asset?
REALTORS® provide services that are not only designed to ease your home sale but services that are designed to specifically protect your investment. One of the most valuable things that a real estate agent can provide is marketing. Unlike selling by yourself, a REALTOR® has access to a huge variety of advertising mediums. Typically the front lines of which is an already established web presence. In addition to listing your home on the local MLS, an agent will have a personal site that is designed to showcase their listings. This is where most homes for sale are first viewed by prospective buyers. Additional marketing is usually done through Social Media Sites, Videos, Facebook Ads, as well as a variety of emails and REALTOR® to REALTOR® communication that is available 24/7.
Home selling is really all about positive exposure for the home in question and only a REALTOR® can provide that degree of exposure. There is a reason that a large percentage of FSBO’s eventually end up listing with a REALTOR® in order to get the coverage and price they deserve.
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power, by working with the lender together to find the best home and financing.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is not in the MLS.
3. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools and the new buildings that may be coming to a certain area.
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. Price Negotiations are not the only negotiations, there are contract stipulations, such as who is paying title, home warranty and survey, and closing costs and how many days of inspection period. Then after inspection who is paying for the items that need repair found by the inspector, negotiation is absolutely essential after an appraisal comes back under the sales price. Who is going to do the tasks, when there is a lender closing delay. The list goes on and on, the most powerful REALTOR® is a powerful negotiator.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. This information is most valuable, why go under contract, pay inspectors to find out that the property has so many problems. If your REALTOR® already has the experience and expertise they could have pointed out the most obvious and you could have moved on to the next property. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you find the most qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you whether you are the seller or the buyer through the closing process and make sure everything stays on time.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace
9. Your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property to improve the sales price, the time on the market.
10. Your REALTOR® will have the marketing budget, the marketing staff to know when, where and how to advertise your property.